Here is another What I Eat In A Day video! This time it’s the Spring Edition and I have to admit it’s probably my favourite WIEIAD video that I’ve made so far. Every time I think about the day I filmed it, I start salivating. I’m not even joking. This was one damn delicious video to make.
As always, please remember that this is the food that I ate on that specific day and it’s not necessary what I eat everyday (ahem, I’m talking about you pancakes). Hope this video inspires you to try some of these yummy recipes!
Breakfast: Mini Vegan Pancakes
I love this recipe for vegan pancakes because technically it requires only 3 ingredients: oats, almond milk (you can use any non-dairy milk that you like) and a banana. I don’t know if it’s because I can be quite lazy but simple and quick recipes like this one have a special place in my heart.
Lunch: Roasted King Oyster Mushrooms with Steamed Veggies and Tomato Hemp Salad
I started to use king oyster mushrooms more and more in the last couple of months. I find their earthy and meaty flavour hits the spot every time. While I like adding them to soups and stir-fry recipes, roasting is probably my favourite way of cooking these nature’s treasures.
I guess the theme of this entire video is easy recipes that you can make when you don’t want to cook anything because this salad right here is also incredible simple to put together. And may I add, it tastes awesome!
Since I get asked about portion sizes a lot, I should mention that I eat until I’m full. I don’t count calories or measure my portions. For lunch, for example, I ate everything that I cooked: an entire tray of roasted mushrooms, all of the steamed veggies and the salad. #noregrets.
Dinner: Baked Sweet Potatoes and Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Fresh Salsa and Guacamole
And the prize for the most epic dinner goes to… these four dishes snuggled together on my plate. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve made this dinner in the past few months. Something about all these flavours put together just makes my taste buds really happy.
Check out my video for How to Bake Sweet Potatoes Perfectly Every Time to learn some of my tips for making baked sweet potatoes that melt in your mouth.
This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is another one of my staple recipes. Fresh herbs and garlic give it an unbelievable flavour, while the pine nuts add just the right amount of crunch to the texture.
I’ve already shared with you the recipes for My Holy Guacamole and Fresh Salsa. Make sure to check them out and serve them with the baked potatoes and quinoa. All of these four dishes taste great on their own, but together… oh together they create something incredible.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 large banana
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- dash of nutmeg (optional)
- ½ tsp vanilla (optional)
- coconut oil for cooking
- 4 cups of mushrooms, sliced into strips
- 1 tbsp dry thyme
- ½ tbsp grapeseed oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups fresh greens (I used baby kale, spinach, arugula)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 tbsp fresh dill
- 2 tbsp green onion
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp capers
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat a little bit of coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Pour ¼ cup of the pancakes batter into the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes and continue cooking for another 1½ minutes.
- Cook the rest of the pancakes.
- Serve with fruits, berries and maple syrup.
- Preheat oven to 205C/400F.
- In a bowl, combine sliced mushrooms with the rest of the ingredients. Mix with your hands to make sure that all of the mushrooms are evenly coated with oil.
- Spread the mushrooms in a single layer on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes until mushrooms become golden.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Cook quinoa according to the directions on the package. Meanwhile, finely dice dill and green onion.
- When quinoa is ready, transfer to a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
- Serve warm or cold. Either way is delicious.