I love eating salads
for lunch period. My friends always ask me: “How do you not get bored of eating salad all the time?”. To what I reply: “I don’t see how that’s even possible”. You see, I make so many different salad recipes that it never feels like I’m eating the same thing over and over again.
The easiest way to change the taste of your salad is by adding a different dressing. It may seem like a small thing, but it makes a huge difference.
Here is a recipe of one of my newly discovered (also newly favourite) salad dressings – a healthy sun dried tomato tahini dressing.
Made from ground sesame seeds, tahini is extremely nutritious and rich in essential vitamins and minerals. It has an alkalizing effect on your body and assists with liver detoxification. Most of the time, I use tahini to make my roasted red pepper hummus and yummy salad dressings like this one.
Tahini adds creaminess without the use of dairy products, keeping the recipe vegan.
This tahini dressing could not be any easier to make. Just throw all ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor and you’re done. The best part is that you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks! I like making a big jar of the dressing and using it for my salads and buddha bowls. Psst! I also eat it as a dip sometimes.
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Combine all ingredients except for water in a high-speed blender or food processor and blend for 30 seconds.
- With the blender still running, add water to reach the desired consistency. I usually add about ¾ cup.
- Blend until all ingredients are well combined.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.