No time to make your lunch in the morning? Try this super easy shrimp sandwich recipe that is ideal for school or work lunches. Make your lunch the night before and keep it in the fridge until the next morning.
This sandwich is really healthy and yummy and takes only a few minutes to prepare. I love adding arugula to my sandwiches! As you might know, it’s full of fiber and fiber doesn’t only helps with digestion, it also fills you up quickly which prevents overeating.
MAIN: Shrimp and Avocado Sandwich
SIDES: Cherry Tomatoes, Blueberries and Strawberries
DRINK: Lime Water
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 7-10 shrimps, defrosted
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 whole black peppers
- 1 lemon slice
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 basil leaves
- 1½ tbsp of light mayo
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ cup of arugula
- salt & pepper for seasoning
- Heat 3 cups of water over medium-high heat. When the water starts to simmer, add salt, pepper, bay leaves and 1 lemon slice.
- Add the shrimps to the pot and continue cooking until they rise to the surface. Then, remove the shrimps from the pot with a slotted spoon and cool them under cold running water.
- In a bowl, combine mayo, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, basil and season with salt and pepper.
- When shrimps are completely cold, remove the shells and cut them into small pieces.
- Add shrimp pieces and avocado slices to the sauce and mix.
- To keep the bread from becoming soggy, assemble your sandwich when you are ready to eat it. Place half of the arugula on one piece of bread and add the shrimp filling on top. Add the rest of the arugula and cover with the second piece of bread.
Have a Fabulous Lunch!