This was the first ever video I posted on YouTube. I cringe now everytime I watch it. But we all had to start somewhere, right? This healthy bento lunch is really easy to make and is perfect for school and work lunches.
If you don’t like/eat chicken, you can substitute it with lean turkey or other meats. To make the wrap vegetarian just skip the meat and add a few other vegetables such as beans, asparagus, onions, grilled veggies, etc.
First time I cooked spinach this way, I was amazed how much the taste reminded me of mussels cooked in garlic sauce. Have you guys ever noticed that?
MAIN: Chicken Wrap with Hummus and Vegetables Sticks
SIDES: Sautéed Garlic Spinach, Grapes, Watermelon Slides, Salad Leaves
DRINK: Lemon and Raspberry Water
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- ¼ cup hummus
- ⅓ cup cooked chicken breast
- 2 celery sticks
- 2 carrot sticks
- 2 sweet red pepper sticks
- ½ cup spinach
- 5 oz (0.3 pounds/140 gr) baby spinach leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper for seasoning
- a few drops of lemon juice
- ½ lemon, sliced
- 2 oz (0.125 pounds/57gr) raspberries
- 1 litre of water
- Cut vegetables into strings and shred the chicken breast with a knife.
- Place saran wrap on a cutting board.
- Place tortilla on saran wrap and spread hummus all over the tortilla.
- Cover hummus with spinach leaves and add chicken and vegetable sticks.
- Roll the tortilla, wrap in saran wrap and cut in half.
- Rinse spinach and dry it in a salad spinner.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat and add the garlic.
- Sauté the garlic for 1 minute.
- Add spinach, season with salt and pepper and stir.
- Cover the pot and cook the spinach for 2 minutes.
- Uncover the pot, turn the heat to high and cook for another minute.
- Put the spinach into a bowl and drizzle it with a few drops of lemon juice.
- Add lemon slices and raspberries to the jar filled with water.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Have a Fabulous Lunch!