This is one of my favourite pasta salad recipes. It is so quick and simple, yet refreshing and flavourful. To lower the total calories and to keep this salad vegan, I used olive oil with fresh herbs as the dressing.
Adding fresh veggies and substituting white flour pasta with whole wheat pasta ensures that you get a well-balanced and nutritious lunch, full of vitamins and minerals.
You can easily make this recipe gluten-free simply by using your favourite gluten-free pasta. Experiment with your food! Try different combinations of vegetables. You’d be surprised how many yummy combination you can come up with.
And don’t forget to share with me your own versions of Pasta Salad with Vegetables in the comments below!
MAIN: Pasta Salad with Fresh Vegetables
Sides: Orange Slices
DRINK: Lemon & Lime Water
- 100 g whole wheat pasta
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes
- 5 basil leaves
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup of olives
- ¼ cup of fresh broccoli
- 1 tbsp of fresh chives
- 1½ tbsp of red whine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt & pepper for seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over the pasta and let it cool complete before packing it for your lunch.
- While the pasta is cooling off, combine olive oil, red whine vinegar, basil, chives, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir well.
- To assemble your lunch, place a few salad leaves in a large container. Add pasta, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, broccoli and olives to a medium-size container. Pack your salad dressing in a small container.
- When you are ready to eat your lunch combine everything in the large container and enjoy!
Have a Fabulous Lunch!