Today, I decided to show you how to make a Kale Salad with a Creamy Garlic Dressing. I love cooking with garlic! It’s got to be my favourite ingredient.
That is probably why I smell like garlic 24/7 hehehe.
If you are planning on taking this salad with you for lunch, make sure to pack some mints with you. Of course you could also decrease the amount of garlic in the recipe or skip it all together. But let’s be honest… Garlic is just too awesome to leave out!
This salad is not only really healthy for you, but is also super easy to make and is convenient to take with you for lunch to work or school.
Kale is considered a superfood because of the amazing nutritional benefits it contains. However, if you can’t find kale in your grocery store, spinach will work just as well. Also, try adding some bocconcini cheese to the salad. I didn’t have any at home. So I kept my salad vegan.
MAIN: Kale Salad
DRINK: Lemon Water
- 2.5 - 3 cups of kale
- ½ cup chickpeas
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- ½ zucchini, diced
- 4 figs
- ¼ cup black or green olives
- ¼ bocconcini cheese (OPTIONAL)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp agave syrup/maple syrup or honey
- ½ tbsp mustard
- ½ tbsp miso (or 1 tbsp of hummus)
- ½ tbsp hummus
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp of water
- Tear kale leaves into bite-size pieces, wash and dry them in a salad spinner.
- Dice yellow bell pepper, half of a zucchini and figs.
- Rinse chickpeas under cold water.
- Place kale in a large bowl and add pepper, zucchini, figs, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, olives and cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, soy sauce, agave syrup, mustard, miso, hummus, garlic and water. Whisk it all together until all ingredients are well combined.
- Add your dressing to the salad or pour it in a separate container to mix with the salad at lunch.
Have a Fabulous Lunch!