When I read that kale is considered “the queen of greens” and a “nutritional powerhouse”, I had to find the perfect recipe using this ingredient. After trying various kale chips recipes, I stopped with this one as it was one of the quickest and resulted in perfectly crispy chips.
At some point, I had 10 different variations of kale chips laying around in my kitchen and our entire house smelled like kale for days. No, no! I’m not complaining.
This is an amazing, healthy snack that takes no time to prepare and is a great healthy alternative to potato chips. Make extra chips to take with you to school or work the next day!
- 3 kale leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1.5 - 2 tsp of olive oil
- salt & pepper for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Carefully remove kale leaves from the stems and ribs and break into bite-size pieces.
- Wash kale leaves and dry them in a salad spinner.
- Place the leaves in a bowl and add olive oil, salt and pepper. See below for more seasoning options.
- Toss the leaves with your hands to make sure that all the leaves are covered with oil evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminium foil.
- Place kale leaves on the baking sheet in a single layer with the curly side down.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotating once half way.
- Remove kale chips from the oven and place on paper towel to cool.
- balsamic vinegar
- lemon juice
- garlic powder
- chipotle pepper powder