I have been obsessing over quinoa for a long time now and I am super excited to share with you some of my favourite quinoa recipes. But before I do that I decided to make a video to show you a quick and simple way of preparing quinoa and to tell you why quinoa is called a superfood.
Trust me. Quinoa’s superpowers are incredible! Maybe it can’t fly or become invisible, but it surely can provide all necessary nutrients your body requires to make you feel SUPER HEALTHY.
Contrary to the common believe, quinoa is not a grain. It is the fruit of a broad-leaf plant and is in the same family as spinach and beets. Isn’t it beautiful?
Imagine running in the field of gorgeous quinoa plants… Breathtaking!
Quinoa seeds can be found in white, golden, red and black colours. While white and golden seeds are the most common, if you can get your hands on red or black quinoa, definitely buy it. Black and red quinoa keeps its striking beautiful colour when cooked.
Are you a quinoa lover yet?
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Measure 1 cup of quinoa.
- Rinse quinoa under running water.
- Combine quinoa and 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Cover the saucepan, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 10 min.
- Turn off the heat and leave the saucepan on the burner for another 4-7 min.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, uncover and fluff quinoa with a fork.
Original image URL: http://www.flickr.com/photos/11795120@N06/3386129652/
Title: A Quinoa Plant
Photo credit: fearghalonuallain / Foter.com / CC BY
Original image URL: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jackson3/3770495050/
Title: Red Quinoa
Photo credit: Steven Jackson Photography / Foter.com / CC BY