Here is another one of my favourite quinoa recipes. You guys know I am a little bit crazy when it comes to quinoa. I use it for breakfast, lunch, dinner recipes and even desserts!
Although I’m a big sushi fan, I haven’t mastered the art of making homemade sushi just yet. So I came up with an easy and healthy alternative to satisfy your sushi craving. This sushi salad is very easy to make and is convenient to take with you for lunch to work or school.
I am using quinoa instead of rice to make the salad more nutritious. You can substitute shrimp with smoked salmon if you’d like or skip it to make the salad vegetarian.
MAIN: Homemade Sushi Salad
SIDE: Blueberries, Nuts
DRINK: Lemon Water
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 10-12 cooked shrimps
- ½ English cucumber, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ carrot, cut into thin strips
- ½ avocado, cubed
- 1 tsp pickled ginger (OPTIONAL)
- ¼ nori sheet (dried seaweed), cut into strips (OPTIONAL)
- ¼ cup of spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, sugar, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper and minced garlic.
- Add the dressing to cooked quinoa and stir.
- Cut the shrimps into 1 inch pieces and dice the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the shrimps and diced vegetables to quinoa and stir.
- To serve, place a few spinach leaves on a plate (or the bottom of a container) and put the sushi salad on top.
Have a Fabulous Lunch!