Caesar salad is one of the most famous salads in the world. Unfortunately, it’s very high in calories and fat. I wanted to create a wrap that would have all amazing flavours of the Caesar salad, but would still be healthy and nutritious.
By making a few simple substitutions, I came up with this light version of the Caesar salad made with kale and homemade Caesar dressing. And you guys know how I feel about kale…
This wrap is very easy to prepare and is ideal for school or work lunch. I like to prepare all the ingredients a few days in advance and assembling the wrap in the morning or the night before to prevent the wrap from becoming soggy.
I highly recommend preparing your own salad dressing because it puts you in control of all ingredients that go in there. But if you don’t have time to make a homemade salad dressing, don’t worry! There are several low/no fat Caesar Salad dressings available in grocery stores.
Try adding shrimp or grilled salmon instead of chicken to the wrap. You can also use a few crunchy fresh vegetables such as carrots, bell pepper, asparagus to make the wrap vegetarian.
MAIN: Healthy Caesar Salad Wrap
SIDES: Cherry Tomatoes, Carrot Slices, Berries
DRINK: Lemon & Raspberry Water
- 1 whole grain tortilla
- 1½ cups kale
- 1½ tbsp Caesar Salad dressing
- ⅓ cup cooked chicken breast
- ⅓ cup 0% or 2% Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 anchovy fillets (optional)
- salt & pepper for seasoning
- Tear kale leaves into bite-size pieces, wash and dry in a salad spinner.
- Combine kale and the salad dressing in a medium bowl.
- Place a sarah wrap on a cutting board and put the tortilla on top.
- Spread kale leaves and chicken all over the tortilla and roll it tightly.
- Wrap the tortilla in saran wrap and cut in half.
- Cur anchovy fillet into small pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
This recipe makes about 6-8 tbsp of the Caesar Salad dressing. Store the leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Have a Fabulous Lunch!