Here is another What I Eat In a Day video featuring some of my favourite vegan recipes that I’m currently loving. Let me know if you end up trying any of these recipes!
As I mentioned in the video, my Fablunch containers are currently on sale until October 15th. You can use the code “backtoschool” to save 40% on your order. This is the biggest sale I’ve ever done so don’t miss out on it!
1. Breakfast: Crepes Bowl
I love me some crepes and pancakes. I’ve been making these vegan crepes for a few months now, but this was the first time I put together this breakfast bowl. My eyeballs were absolutely in love and so was my tummy.
2. Lunch: Split Pea Soup & Salad
This Split Pea Soup recipe is near and dear to my heart. It used to be one of my favourite soups that my grandma made for me when I was little. It’s really simple to prepare and tastes absolutely delicious.
Sorry I don’t have a photo for my salad. I ate it before realizing that I should have probably taken some pictures of it hehe.
3. Dinner: Hummus Bowl
What I like about putting meals together in a bowl is that it doesn’t have to be complicated to look and taste incredible. For this hummus bowl, all I did was roast some sweet potatoes and cook some quinoa (actually I already had some from the day before). The rest of the ingredients I just took out of the fridge and nicely arranged in my bowl.
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1½ cups almond milk
- ½ tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- coconut oil for cooking
- 8 cups veggie stalk
- 1 cup yellow split peas
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 tsp grapeseed oil
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- ½ English cucumber
- 1 large tomato
- 1 green pepper
- ¼ red onion
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3-4 sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- For the bowl: greens, radishes, cucumber slices, hummus, avocado slices, kimchi, hemp seeds, almond slices
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat a little bit of coconut oil on a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour ⅓ cup of batter onto the skillet and tip to spread it around.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with frozen berries, apple slices, vegan yogurt, almond butter, chia raspberry jam, hemp seeds, slices almonds
- Rinse split peas under cold running water.
- Combine the stalk and peas in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot, lower the heat and cook for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dice potatoes, carrots and onion.
- In a medium skillet, heat grapeseed oil over medium/high heat. Add diced carrots and onion and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the onion becomes golden.
- After 40 minutes, add diced potatoes and sautéed carrots and onions to the pot. Mix well.
- Add bay leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking over medium heat for 15 minutes until the potatoes are ready.
- Dice all of the ingredients and combine in a medium bowl.
- Add olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well and serve right away.
- To roast the sweet potatoes. Peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes. Transfer to a large bowl and mix with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking tray covered with parchment paper. Roast for 30 minutes at 190C/375F.
- To assemble each bowl, divide roasted sweet potatoes between 4 bowls and add ¼ cup of quinoa, a large handful of greens, some sliced cucumbers and radishes, ¼ cup hummus, ½ sliced avocado, ¼ cup kimchi and sprinkle with some hemp seeds and almond slices.