Mmmm chocolate… It makes everything better! These raw vegan chocolate macaroons will take you to chocolate heaven. They are perfect for an after school snack or when you want a healthy and super yummy dessert, but don’t have a lot of time to make it.
WARNING: They taste so good that you will have trouble trying not to eat all the macaroons at once!
I love this recipe because it requires only 5 ingredients, doesn’t need any special equipment and takes less than 5 minutes to make. What else can you possibly want in a dessert? Oh yeah… It’s also really healthy for you! This dessert is vegan, gluten free, and uses no artificial sugars.
Since there will be no cooking or baking involved, these coconut chocolate little pieces of heaven are also raw. If you are on a raw vegan diet, make sure to use cacao instead of cocoa powder and agave nectar instead of maple syrup. I usually use these ingredients interchangeably depending on what I have at home.
The macaroons will last for up to 1 month if you keep them in an airtight container in the freezer. Although I doubt you will have any leftovers!
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder/cacao
- 3 tbsp maple syrup/agave nectar or honey
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (OPTIONAL)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminium foil.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients and stir.
- Using a spoon, make 10 macaroon balls and place them on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 30-40 min.