I came across these awesome healthy Halloween snack ideas on Pinterest, and I just had to share them with you guys. I have to admit, I am a sucker for holidays! If there is an occasion to dress up and make some themed treats, you bet I’ll be doing it 😀
Each one of these treats will take you less than 5 minutes to make. They are really, really simple and require just a few ingredients that you most likely already have at home. So even if you have unexpected guests for Halloween, you can surprise them with these scary snacks.
The apple bites are the scariest of the bunch.
You don’t have to create a tongue if you don’t want to. Just insert the slivered almonds to create the teeth and the snacks are good to go. However, since most of the apple will be exposed, I recommend that you sprinkle the apple slices with lemon juice to prevent them from browning.
For the tongue, try using any jam or nut butter you prefer. I used almond butter for half of the apple bites and raw vegan strawberry jam for the rest.
What is it?
It’s a GHOSTLY BANANA!
If you are planning on having the Ghostly Bananas sit on the plate for a while, I suggest you sprinkle them with lemon juice as well. Or your poor ghosts will turn a yucky brown colour.
Finally, who can resist these cute tiny pumpkins? I know I can’t! You can use either clementines or tangerines to make these cuties.
I think these Halloween treats turned out pretty awesome! What do you think?
Halloween isn’t only about unhealthy candy after all! Let me know in the comments which one of these treats was your favourite. HAPPY HALLOWEEN MY DARLINGS! ♥
- 1 apple
- slivered almonds
- almond or peanut butter
- strawberry jam
- 1 banana
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- clementines or tangerines
- celery ribs
- Cut off the sides of an apple and cut them in half.
- Cut out the mouth in each apple quarter.
- Put 1 tsp of jam or nut butter inside the apple to create a tongue.
- Place slivered almonds for the teeth.
- Peel a banana and cut in half.
- Place 1 chocolate chip with the pointy side in to create a mouth.
- Cut a chocolate chip into quarters.
- Use 2 quarters to create the ghost's eyes.
- Peel clementines.
- Cut a celery rib into 2-inch pieces.
- Insert the celery rib into the top of the peeled clementine.