I’ve got a lot of requests to share some healthy breakfast ideas. So, here is a recipe for gluten-free carrot muffins. Everybody who tries these muffins can’t believe that they are also healthy for you!
I usually prepare these carrot muffins in advance and have them on those days when I don’t have much time in the morning to make breakfast. Just add some fresh berries and a nice cup of tea. Mmm I’m hungry now!
Whenever a recipe calls for almond flour (like this one), I highly recommend you make your own almond flour at home. It can save you some serious money. Store-bought almond flour/meal can be so expensive!
Simply grind slivered blanched almonds in a food processor for a few seconds until they become a fine powder.
Store the muffins in airtight container for 5 days at room temperature. But I doubt they will last you that long!
If you are looking for more quick breakfast ideas, check out my recipe for a delicious Tropical Green Smoothie.
- 2½ cups almond flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed (optional)
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350/175 and line the muffin tin.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and flaxseed into a large bowl.
- Peel and grate 1 large carrot.
- Add grated carrot to the dry ingredients and stir.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, apple sauce and vanilla.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir.
- Evenly divide the batter between the muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 min until they become golden.
- Cool the muffins in the tin on the wire rack for 5 min and then take out of the tin and place on the wire rack to cool completely.
- ½ raisins
- ¼ coconut flakes
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp grated ginger