Don’t like waking up early to prepare your lunch? This crunchy chickpea salad is a super healthy recipe which can be prepared a few days in advance. It tastes best after being marinated overnight and can be kept in the refrigerator stored in a container with an airtight lid for 3-4 days.
This salad is vegetarian and gluten-free. To make it vegan or dairy-free, simply skip the feta cheese. Don’t be afraid to experiment with the recipe! Try adding some cucumbers, shredded chicken or sausages.
I really ♥ sundried tomatoes. So I added them to my salad.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL when cutting the chilli pepper!!! The first time I cut chilli peppers I didn’t wear gloves and what a mistake that was. The oil from the pepper got in between my skin and I couldn’t remove it for days. I have to tell you, it was NOT fun at all trying to take out my contacts that day.
It felt like I burnt my eyeballs.
I love having cantaloupe slices as a snack! They are so delicious and refreshing. Due to its high water content, cantaloupe is excellent for hydrating your body.
Since cantaloupe is a type of melon, it should be eaten on it’s own (melons digest much faster than other food). I recommend waiting a couple of hours after your lunch and eating cantaloupe slices as a yummy afternoon snack.
MAIN: Chickpea Salad with Feta Cheese
SIDES: Cantaloupe Slices, Dried Fruit, Almonds
DRINK: Lemon & Raspberry Water
- 400g canned chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 60g feta cheese (optional)
- ½ red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 fresh chilli pepper or ½ tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 4-5 basil leaves
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, cut in small pieces (optional)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper for seasoning
- Rinse chickpeas under cold water and add to a bowl.
- Dice red bell pepper, red onion, cherry tomatoes, sundried tomatoes and add them to chickpeas.
- Chop basil leaves and add to the salad.
- Pot on your gloves and cut the chilli pepper into small pieces, removing all the seeds. Add to the salad.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix well.
Have a Fabulous Lunch!