Who doesn’t like holiday leftovers? This lunch recipe shows you how to create a super delicious sandwich using roasted turkey leftovers. You can substitute turkey with chicken or even skip the meat and make a nice grilled veggies sandwich instead.
Try adding some grilled eggplant or asparagus!
This is a perfect lunch to make after Thanksgiving when you have a lot of leftovers at home. Don’t let all this yumminess go to waste!
MAIN: Leftover Turkey Sandwich with Grilled Vegetables
SIDES: Apple Slices, Dulce de Leche
DRINK: Detox Water
- 1 ciabatta bread
- 1 tbsp basil pesto
- grilled zucchinis and yellow pepper
- ½ roasted red pepper, cut into strips
- ⅓ cup of roasted turkey
- 40 g fresh Mozzarella
- salad leaves
- ½ lemon, sliced
- 5 mint leaves
- 10 thin cucumber slices
- 1 pitcher of water
- Cut ciabatta bread in half and spread pesto on the bottom half.
- On top of pesto, place grilled vegetables, shredded turkey and mozzarella.
- Cover with a few salad leaves and the other half of bread.
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher and let chill in the refrigerator overnight.
Have a Fabulous Lunch!